|Directed by||José Padilha|
|Produced by||Marc Abraham|
|Music by||Pedro Bromfman|
|Editing by||Daniel Rezende|
|Release||February 12, 2014|
|Preceded by||RoboCop 3|
RoboCop is a 2014 American science fiction action film directed by José Padilha. It is a remake of the 1987 film of the same name and a reboot of the RoboCop film series, making it the fourth installment of the franchise. The film stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role.
Screen Gems first announced a remake in 2005, but it was halted one year later. Darren Aronofsky and David Self were originally assigned to direct and write the film, respectively, for a tentative 2010 release. The film was delayed numerous times, and Padilha signed on in 2011. In March 2012, MGM announced an August 2013 release, but that was then changed to February 2014. The principal characters were cast from March to July 2012. Principal photography began in September 2012 in Toronto and Vancouver, with additional locations in Hamilton, and Detroit in the United States.
The film is scheduled for release in the United Kingdom on February 7, 2014 and in the United States on February 12, 2014.
In the year 2028 multinational conglomerate OmniCorp is at the center of robot technology. Overseas, their drones have been used by the military for years – and it's meant billions for OmniCorp's bottom line. Now OmniCorp wants to bring their controversial technology to the home front, and they see a golden opportunity to do it. When Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) – a loving husband, father and good cop doing his best to stem the tide of crime and corruption in Detroit – is critically injured by a car-bomb in the line of duty, OmniCorp sees their chance for a part-man, part-robot police officer. OmniCorp envisions a RoboCop in every city and even more billions for their shareholders, but they never counted on one thing: there is still a man inside the machine pursuing justice.
- Joel Kinnaman as Alex Murphy, a police detective who is injured in an explosion and transformed into the cyborg RoboCop.
- Gary Oldman as Dr. Dennett Norton, the scientist who creates RoboCop.
- Michael Keaton as Raymond Sellars, the villainous CEO of OmniCorp.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Pat Novak, host of The Novak Element and prominent supporter of mechanized crime control.
- Abbie Cornish as Clara Murphy, Alex's wife.
- Jackie Earle Haley as Rick Mattox, a military tactician responsible for training RoboCop.
- Michael Kenneth Williams as Jack Lewis, Alex's former partner.
- Jennifer Ehle as Liz Kline, the head of OmniCorp legal affairs.
- Jay Baruchel as Tom Pope, the head of marketing for OmniCorp.
- Aimee Garcia as Jae Kim, a scientist who works with Dr. Dennett Norton.
- John Paul Ruttan as David Murphy, Alex's son.
- Miguel Ferrer as Antoine Vallon. Ferrer also starred as Bob Morton in the original RoboCop film where he created robocop.
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Karen Dean, Detroit chief of police.
- Douglas Urbanski as Mayor Durant, the mayor of Detroit.
- Zach Grenier as Senator Dreyfuss
- RoboCop at the Internet Movie Database
|Samuel L. Jackson films|