|Our Brand Is Crisis (2015 film)|
|Directed by||David Gordon Green|
|Produced by||George Clooney|
|Screenplay by||Peter Straughan|
|Music by||David Wingo|
|Editing by||Colin Patton|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Release||September 11, 2015 (TIFF)|
October 30, 2015 (United States)
|Running time||107 minutes|
Our Brand Is Crisis is a 2015 American comedy-drama film directed by David Gordon Green and written by Peter Straughan. It is a fictionalized account based on the 2005 documentary film of same name by Rachel Boynton, about the American political campaign strategies used by Greenberg Carville Shrum (GCS) in the 2002 Bolivian presidential election. The film stars Sandra Bullock, Scoot McNairy, Billy Bob Thornton, Anthony Mackie and Ann Dowd. It was selected to be screened in the Special Presentations section of the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival.
Principal photography began on September 29, 2014, in New Orleans, Louisiana. George Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing the film with Smoke House Pictures, while Warner Bros. will be releasing the film, and is co-financing the film with Participant Media. The film was released on October 30, 2015 to poor reviews and failed at the box office.
In 2002, Bolivian politician Pedro Castillo (a fictionalized version of Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada) hires American James Carville's political consulting firm, Greenberg Carville Shrum, to help him win the 2002 Bolivian presidential election. GCS brings in Jane Bodine (Sandra Bullock) to manage the campaign in Bolivia. Battling her arch nemesis, the opposition's political consultant Pat Candy (Billy Bob Thornton), Bodine successfully uses American political campaign strategies to lead Castillo to victory against Victor Rivera (a fictionalized version of socialist candidate Evo Morales).
- Sandra Bullock as 'Calamity' Jane Bodine, a retired political consultant hired by an unpopular Bolivian politician to help him win the presidential election.
- Scoot McNairy as Rich
- Billy Bob Thornton as Pat Candy, Jane's nemesis, who leads the opposition's campaign.
- Anthony Mackie as Ben
- Ann Dowd as Nell
- Joaquim de Almeida as Pedro Castillo, the Bolivian Presidential candidate who hires Jane.
- Zoe Kazan as LeBlanc, a researcher who specializes in digging up dirt on candidates.
- Reynaldo Pacheco as Eduardo, a young volunteer who befriends Jane.
- Dominic Flores as Hugo
- Louis Arcella as Rivera
- Octavio Gómez Berríos as Pepe
- Luis Chavez as Abraham
- Tilda Del Toro as Pedro Castillo's secretary
- Our Brand Is Crisis (2015 film) at the Internet Movie Database
|Sandra Bullock films|
Miss Congeniality (2000) · Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous (2005) · Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) · Gravity (2013) · The Heat (2013) · Minions (2015) · Our Brand Is Crisis (2015) ·