Deliver Us from Evil is a 2014 American crime-horror film directed by Scott Derrickson, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and co-written with Paul Harris Boardman, based on a 2001 non-fiction book entitled Beware the Night by Ralph Sarchie and Lisa Collier Cool. Starring Eric Bana, Édgar Ramírez, Sean Harris, Olivia Munn, and Joel McHale, the film was released on July 2, 2014.
The movie is based on the real life events of Ralph Sarchie, a New York cop who meets a Castilian priest when he is pulled into a case which the priest convinces him, against the officer's religious beliefs, is demonically related. Together, they work to solve the case and combat paranormal forces working against them. The two exorcise a demon from a man who is now the sole survivor of a small group of people who became possessed in a cave in Iraq. The film concludes with Ralph and his family and friends gathered for Ralph's newborn child's christening—performed by the same priest who helped Ralph. It is made known that Ralph quits the police force and begins working with the priest against evil.
- Eric Bana as Ralph Sarchie, a New York City street cop with a New Jersey accent who has put his faith in religion behind him, only to find himself entangled with the devil.
- Édgar Ramírez as Mendoza, the Spanish (Castilian) priest who teams with Ralph.
- Olivia Munn as Jen Sarchie, Ralph’s wife, who also has a tie to the case.
- Sean Harris] as Santino, a soldier possessed by the devil, who ends up targeting Ralph.
- Joel McHale as Butler, Ralph’s partner, a tough, experienced cop.
- Chris Coy as Jimmy Tratner
- Dorian Missick as Gordon
- Rhona Fox as Zookeeper
- Valentina Rendón as Claudia
- Olivia Horton as Jane Crenna
- Deliver Us from Evil at the Internet Movie Database