|Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2|
|Directed by||Cody Cameron
|Produced by||Pam Marsden|
|Music by||Mark Mothersbaugh|
|Editing by||Stan Webb|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Release||September 27, 2013|
|Running time||95 minutes|
|Preceded by||Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs|
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 is a 2013 American computer-animated comic science fiction film produced by Sony Pictures Animation and distributed by Columbia Pictures. The film is the sequel to the 2009 film Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which was loosely based on Judi and Ron Barrett's book of the same name. It was directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, produced by Kirk Bodyfelt, and executive produced by the directors of the first film, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. The film was released on September 27, 2013.
The screenplay was written by John Francis Daley, Jonathan Goldstein, and Erica Rivinoja, and it is based on an original idea, and not on Pickles to Pittsburgh, Barrett's follow-up book. Cloudy 2 continues right after the first film, where a food-making machine gets out of control, but its creator, young inventor Flint, and his friends, eventually manage to stop it. In the sequel, Flint and his friends are forced to leave their home town, but when the food machine awakens, this time producing sentient food beasts, they must return to save the world.
Most of the main cast reprised their roles: Bill Hader as Flint Lockwood, Anna Faris as Sam Sparks, James Caan as Tim Lockwood, Andy Samberg as Brent McHale, Neil Patrick Harris as Steve, and Benjamin Bratt as Manny. New cast includes Terry Crews, who replaced Mr. T as Officer Earl; Will Forte, who voiced Joseph Towne in the first film, voices Chester V and Kristen Schaal as orangutan Barb.
After Flint Lockwood and his friends save the world from the food storm in the first film, super-inventor Chester V, the CEO of Live Corp, is tasked to clean the island. He relocates Flint, his friends, and the citizens of Swallow Falls to San Franjose, California. Unbeknownst to Flint, the FLDSMDFR survived the explosion and landed in the center of the island, and Chester is determined to find it. Chester invites Flint, his biggest fan, to work at Live Corp, where he meets Chester's assistant Barb, a talking orangutan with human intelligence. Six months later, Flint humiliates himself during a promotion ceremony when his invention "Party-In-A-Box" explodes. Meanwhile, Chester is informed that his search-parties on the island have been attacked by monstrous cheeseburgers which are learning how to swim. Fearing the world's inevitable doom, Chester tasks Flint to find the FLDSMDFR and destroy it once and for all. Despite Chester's demands to keep the mission classified, Flint recruits his girlfriend and meteorologist Sam Sparks, her cameraman Manny, police officer Earl Devereaux, and "Chicken" Brent. Much to Flint's dismay, his father Tim joins the crew and they travel to Swallow Falls on his fishing boat.
When arriving, they notice that a jungle-like environment has overgrown the island. Tim stays behind while Flint and the others investigate, finding a vast habitat of living food animals. Tim, searching for food at his abandoned tackle shop, encounters a family of humanoid pickles and bonds with them by fishing. Chester discovers that Flint allowed his friends to join on the mission and arrives on the island with Barb, chagrined and determined to separate them. After escaping a Tacodile attack, Sam notices that the foodimal was protecting its family, and begins to suspect Chester is up to no good. Flint finds his former lab and invents a device that can track the FLDSMDFR. Sam attempts to convince Flint to spare the foodimals, but Flint is intent on making Chester proud. Sam leaves in anger, along with the others (including Steve). In the jungle, Sam proves that the foodimals mean no harm by taming a Cheespider. Upon realizing Chester's intentions, the group is then ambushed by Live Corp employees.
Flint finds the FLDSMDFR, but notices a family of cute marshmallows and becomes hesitant to destroy the machine. Chester immediately seizes control of the FLDSMDFR and announces his plot to make his updated line of food bars out of the foodimals. A crushed Flint is tossed into the river but rescued by the marshmallows. Flint is taken to his father, who along with the foodimals, help him infiltrate the Live Corp building that is under construction on the island. Flint frees the trapped Foodimals and confronts Chester, who threatens to make food bars out of his friends. Chester makes several holograms of himself to overwhelm Flint, but Flint uses the "Party-In-A-Box" to expose the real Chester. An army of Foodimals arrive and Flint's friends are freed by Barb, having a change of heart. Chester tries to make off with the FLDSMDFR, but is eaten by a Cheespider. With the island safe from Chester, Flint returns the FLDSMDFR to its place and the foodimals continue to live in peace as more are born. Flint fishes with his father for the first time, finding it enjoyable.
- Bill Hader as Flint Lockwood, an inventor.
- Bridget Hoffman as Young Flint Lockwood. She replaces Max Neuwirth for the role.
- Anna Faris as Samantha "Sam" Sparks, a weather intern from New York City and Flint's girlfriend.
- James Caan as Tim Lockwood, Flint's widowed father.
- Will Forte as Chester V, a world-famous super-inventor and the head of the Live Corp.
- Andy Samberg as Brent McHale, an infamous/former celebrity mascot of Baby Brent's Sardines, now known as Chicken Brent.
- Neil Patrick Harris as Steve the Monkey, Flint's pet Vervet monkey who communicates using a Speak and Spell monkey thought translator Flint invented but, has a limited vocabulary and mostly says his name, a few random things, and reminding Flint that he's hungry.
- Benjamin Bratt as Manny, Sam's Guatemalan cameraman and a former doctor, co-pilot, and comedian.
- Terry Crews as Officer Earl Devereaux, the town's athletic cop. Crews replaced Mr. T for the role.
- Kristen Schaal as Barb, Chester V's talking and lipstick-wearing orangutan with a human brain.
- Khamani Griffin as Cal Devereaux, Earl's son. Griffin replaced Bobb'e J. Thompson for the role.
- Al Roker as Patrick Patrickson, the anchorman of the weather station.
- Cody Cameron as Barry the Strawberry, Dill Pickles
- Melissa Sturm as Sentinel Louise, Live Corp Scientist
- Kris Pearn as Shrimpanzees, Sentinel Peter, Labcoat Jenny
- Craig Kellman as Fintly McCallahan, Idea Pants Guy
|Films||Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2|
|Anna Faris films|
|Terry Crews films|
The 6th Day (2000) · White Chicks (2004) · Terminator Salvation (2009) · The Expendables (2010) · The Expendables 2 (2012) · Scary Movie 5 (2013) · Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013) · The Expendables 3 (2014) ·