|47 Ronin (2013)|
|Directed by||Carl Erik Rinsch|
|Produced by||Scott Stuber|
|Written by||Walter Hamada|
|Music by||Ilan Eshkeri|
|Editing by||Craig Wood|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|Release||December 25, 2013|
47 Ronin is a 2013 American fantasy action film depicting a fictional account of the forty-seven Ronin, a real-life group of samurai in 18th-century Japan who avenge the murder of their master (stories, plays and other dramatic performances of the 47 Ronin story are commonly referred to as Chushingura in Japan). Being produced by Universal Studios, the film is directed by Carl Erik Rinsch and stars Keanu Reeves, Rinko Kikuchi, Tadanobu Asano, Hiroyuki Sanada and an ensemble of other Japanese actors. Filming started in Budapest in March 2011; it moved to Shepperton Studios in London and was concluded in Japan. The release date was moved from November 21, 2012 to February 8, 2013 and then again to Christmas Day, 2013.
The outcast Kai (Reeves) joins a group of ronin, led by Kuranosuke Oishi (Sanada), who seeks vengeance on Lord Kira (Asano) for killing their master and banishing the group. The ronin embark on a journey with challenges that would defeat most warriors.
- Keanu Reeves as Kai. Reeves's character is half-Japanese and half-British; the character was created for the film.
- Tadanobu Asano as Lord Kira, the Shogun's master of ceremonies and the one responsible for killing the Ronin's master.
- Rinko Kikuchi as Mizuki, a lady who serves Lord Kira.
- Hiroyuki Sanada as Kuranosuke Oishi, the leader of the Ronin.
- Kou Shibasaki as Mika, the slain master's daughter and Kai's love interest.
- Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as the Shogun
- Jin Akanishi as Chikara Oishi, Kuranosuke's son.
- Rick Genest as Savage
|Keanu Reeves films|
47 Ronin (2013) ·